Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Using Up Scraps

I think I have enough scraps to last me at least 10 years and that's making a card every day! Don't laugh, I'm serious!
Photobucket

So I made another two cards tonight using scraps.

The first is for CPS following sketch 107.


I like this card's country feel.

The second is for a new challenge blog, Use It started up by Rae Barthel. Use It challenges you to 'dehoard'! I think it will take me 10 years to 'dehoard' but I'm willing to try!

This blog is on its second challenge, issued by Danni and I'm a fan of Danni's cards. They are so clean, crisp and fresh. She also uses border punches and embossing folders a lot, you've gotta love that! Danni's challenge at Use It is to create a card in spring colours, using at least 4 flowers and a tag.



I tried to emulate Danni's style in the creation of this card, love the freshness of the light blue, white and brown. I think its kind of springy!

14 comments:

Karen said...

Great cards! Love the cps card, the patterns, and how it looks like the whole thing is tied up in a bow...like a country kitchen offering from someone stopping by to say 'hello'! :>

Tonya said...

Awesome cards! I especially like the "country charm" of the first one, too. Thanks for sharing!

Linda Beeson said...

Cute card and great use of that CPS sketch.

Rosemary said...

If this is using up scraps , Wow, excellent choice, pretty card as usual.

Joanne said...

Awesome! You are definitely the Queen of Cards!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Love the shabby sheek look and that ticket is to die for.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

danni reid. said...

Oh Rosanne these are so incredible! I love your use of the tag on the first card and I have a very large soft spot for country-palettes & your second card reminds me of a boutique with the canopy & spring window advertising/decor, absolutely loooove it! ♥

hugs & so much love!
danni

Pamela said...

Great cards! I especially love that first one! And good for you--using up those scraps!

papertrails leaver said...

oh and ah on your cards! They are both lovely. the first does feel a little bit country but in a great way!

Colleen said...

Love the softness in both of these cards! Nice job!

Suzanne :O ) said...

great cards- looks like you're good at lots of different styles! :)

Regan said...

super cute cards.......

hello, from another Ontario girl!

Unknown said...

What fabulous cards Rosanne! Love your take on the CPS sketch, and I'm glad you were able to 'dehoard' a bit with the Use It! challenge this week :)
thanks so much for playing along!!
rae

Deanna said...

These are fantastic! Love them