Friday, March 06, 2009

Altered Tray

So this week in between work, American Idol(Tatiana is done thank goodness), 24(OMG it was good!) and the dramatic Bachelor finale(snicker), I was able to attend the first meeting of the Go Scrapping Dollar Store Club.



The first challenge was to alter a dollar store wooden tray(click the link above to see what everyone made with their trays). I happened to have a tray that I bought some time ago with the intent of altering it to match my scrapbook room. The creation of the club gave me the perfect opportunity to actually do it!



So I painted it brown, adhered torn and inked papers then added a bit of painted/glimmer-misted chipboard,ribbon and buttons. I'm pretty pleased with it. My daughters would like me to make them each one now!

Then Karen taught us an alcohol ink technique that was very interesting and we created this card. Alcohol inks adhere to non-porous materials like photopaper(used below)and plastic and rhinestones!



And since next month's challenge is to alter a hand mirror, the alcohol ink technique may come in very handy!

Thanks for a fun evening Karen! Photobucket



PS: I'll be back later to announce my 20,000 visitor blog candy winner!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

THANK YOU FOR COMING ROSANNE!!
I had a great time too ...and am so excited about this club!! Can't wait to see what you do with the mirror!!

Anonymous said...

Hey.. while you are making one for your daughters... you know my bedroom colours? Or maybe you could 'teach' me and I could make one for Nicole for her birthday.

Kathryn

Rosemary said...

What a great project! You did a fantastic tray. , I can see why Brianne and Brittany want one.
Looking forward to the mirror challenge.
24 is certainly
topping last year IMO and I liked last year.

Anonymous said...

Your try is really nice Rosanne, have I told you blue and brown are my colours too!?! The card is pretty too!
Can't wait to see what you do with the mirror.
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

If I could spell it would be great - "tray" is what I meant :-)
geesh!
Maybe I should check the preview first.

EMTsweeetie said...

I'm loving that tray! Can't go wrong with polka dots!!