Monday, March 09, 2009

My Scrapbook Room or Space or Studio

At long last I am sharing photos of my scrapbook room. It took me so long because I wanted it to be 'perfectly' organized. Then it occurred to me at that rate I'd never show it because I'm not sure it will ever be 'perfectly' organized.

I was pleasantly surprised when I looked at the photos because I think the room looks better in the photos! Kind of like garden photos, you don't see all the imperfections in a photo.

Anyway, I'll share my photos over a couple of posts, first a more general look then a closer look at some of the items I treasure, created or think are worth mentioning.

The first photo is looking through the door into my my scrapbook space, love the metal brown star that my Mom gave me.



I painted(OK, Steve painted) the room robin's egg blue with a dark brown accent wall. I love it! With white shelving, it seems fresh and soothing at the same time.



I use two inexpensive country kitchen tables as my work surfaces and two large bookshelving units from Ikea for my supplies. Of course I do have some overflow onto another shelf that's in our furnace area right beside my studio too!(working with different terminology's here to find the best fit, lol) I try to keep one of tables clear for working on although at times it ends up a dumping ground for all sorts stuff.

I love the latest addition of the TV to my scrapbook studio, I create while(or whilst for any English readers) listening to my favourite shows.



I also have two Ikea shelves(below) on which I've placed things that I like, things I think are pretty or things that inspire me in some way. I found the inspire letters on sale at HomeSense and had to buy them for the window sill. (And yes, my studio is in the basement. Sometime I'll have to show you the boot slippers I recently bought to keep my feet warm,lol!)



And there is also this little shelf left by the previous house owner who had a doll refurbishing hobby. I use it to display some of my completed projects, embellishments and other treasures.



That completes the first look at my studio(liking this word), stay tuned for few more highlights in my next post later this week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks amazing. Your room looks so organized. I really like the paint choice for the walls.

P.S. I tagged you in the Fourth Picture Game on my blog.

Rosemary said...

Oh my this room looks very organized to me. Love the colour scheme and all the shelving. Can't believe you have all that space for working.2 tables , spot for the sewing machine and all your scrapping. Nice touch the stars and the inspire sign.I can see why you are in there so much.

Christy said...

What an inspiring work space!!!

Joanne said...

What a fabulous space -- oops, I mean studio!!

EMTsweeetie said...

What a lovely studio! I think its organized...you should look at mine! I'm scared to even take a picture.

Meda said...

Thank you for sharing these pics of your space. I am moving sometime this year and I will need ideas to organize my craft space.
Meda