Monday, March 23, 2009

Basil Green Goddess Salad Dressing



I tried another of the Barefoot Contessa's recipes this weekend from her 'At Home' cookbook and as usual was not disappointed.



This is not necessarily a light dressing but I cut the sour cream with half fat free and half full fat as that is what I had on hand. You could use light sour cream but I wouldn't use completely fat free. I also used olive oil mayo which seemed to work well. Oh, and I didn't have anchovy paste so added a bit more salt. I thought this dressing tasted even better the next day after the flavours melded more!

1 cup good mayo
1 cup chopped scallions(green onion),green and white parts(about 7)
1 cup chopped fresh basil
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemons(2 lemons)
2 tsp chopped garlic(2 cloves)
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 cup sour cream

Place mayo,scallions,basil,lemon juice,garlic, anchovy paste, salt, pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.Add sour cream and process until just blended. Refridgerate until ready to serve.



These tulips of course have nothing to do with the salad dressing. I picked them up at the market on the weekend and they are just so spring-like I had to share!

Have a great day!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Yummy will be trying. Love the tulips.

Anonymous said...

What type of salad mix did you pour the salad dressing over?

Rosanne said...

Hi Sherry, the recipe suggested using this over bibb lettuce and tomato wedges. I used spring greens with tomato wedges.