Monday, August 03, 2009

Hi!

I'm back!

We were away at Kin Kamp this weekend( I'll show some pics in another post) and now I'm doing mounds of laundry.

I didn't realize its been almost a week since my last post! And although I'm tired I couldn't let two of my favourite challenges go by without doing them!

This week for CBC, we were to make a gatefold card.

Then at Use It, in addition to taking inspiration from the following picture, we were to use a tool we haven't used in over six months and some sticker letters.



So while working on decreasing the size of the mounds of laundry, I snuck down to my scrapbook room to create a card. I used a piece of scalloped bazzill, folded in three then dug through my scraps to find some blues and yellows. I layered yellow cardstock then blue embossed cardstock on both sides of the card front, then added another piece of distressed and embossed paper to the left of the card. I created a flower from a heart punch and a circle punch. The circle punch I know I haven't used in ages! Of course, I had to emboss each of the pieces I used to create the flower! I then dug into my Making Memories glitter letter stickers to add the sentiment to the centre of the flower. Finally I added some ribbon to tie it closed.




Well,I can hear the dryer beeping at me, so back to tackling those mounds of laundry.

Enjoy your Sunday evening!

13 comments:

Helen F. said...

Love these colors together and the combo of folders you used...thanks for taking time out of your laundry chores to share this card ;O)

Anonymous said...

Very nice! j

Michelle said...

rosanne..i always enjoy a visit to your wonderful blog... your card for this weeks challenge is beautiful...and your color choices fantstic! TFS! and Thanks for playing along this week at the cuttlebug challenge blog!
michelle.
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Regan said...

sooo purdy!

Rosemary said...

missed you! Lovely card ,love the embossing........

Shantaie said...

I THINK YOU REALLY CAPTURED THE SPIRIT OF THE BEDDING! I adore your card, its certainly one of my favorite enties this week!!!

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous Rosanne! A wonderful take on that inspiration piece!

(-: Heidi

Joanne said...

Lovely card Rosanne! I love all the embossing!

Cassie said...

oh my gosh girl! i love this!! the 3 different folder you used --- and that flower?!!?!? awesome!!
thanks for joining in at CBC!
http://www.cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Beautiful card.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! the embossing on it is fabulous!

Deanna said...

Gorgeous, you rocked these challenges!

Maricar said...

Roseanne,
This is absolutely lovely. The embossing and the distressing add a nice touch!