Saturday, October 09, 2010

Value Village Finds!

On a whim I popped into Value Village yesterday and left with some awesome finds. A Williams Sonoma cookbook for $4, a Mikasa vase that matches some plates I already have for $6 and something in the photo below:



Did you guess? It is the plates! I thought they would be perfect for our thanksgiving dinner.



The smaller top plate pattern is The Old Mill by Johnson Bros. I looked up some history on these plates and was able to find that Johnson Brothers produced several variations of The Old Mill, blue, pink, green, brown, purple and multi-colored. It was produced from 1952 to 1977. In 1977 all molds, stencils, and records were destroyed. That was Johnson Brothers policy perhaps to avoid falling into the wrong hands and being duplicated by a competitor.

The four plates I found are multi-coloured and show a bit of age but were $3 each!

Then I also found these plates, a perfect compliment to the smaller ones:



These are by Myott Staffordshire and are called Coaching Days. They were discontinued in 1967. I got four of them at $2 each!

And also while I was there I spied a Royal Albert set but wasn't sure about it. I came home, looked it up online then decided to go back and look at it again.

Although it was pretty dirty, there were no chips so I decided to go for it!

Here it is freshly washed:



This pattern is Royal Albert Centennial Rose from the "Centennial Rose Series". It has reddish pink roses in bouquets with a gold rim all around. The cup shape is Montrose. It was produced from 1966 to 1981.




I was able to buy the teapot, cream and sugar, and four teacups for less than a quarter to an eighth of the cost I found online!

I will be stopping by Value Village again soon!


6 comments:

Deanna said...

What a haul girl! Good eye!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Super finds. Love your plates, they are wonderful. Your teaset is stunning. What a lucky find to get the whole set. Great shopping. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

LOVE all your finds... AND
You are certainly having fun with the scrabble tiles too! hehe

Rosemary said...

Terrific finds.I want to shop at your Value Village. Grandmother used to have dishes very similar to those Johnson ones. Love the Royal Albert too....

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Isn's dish collecting a great thing?! Love what you got. j

Joanne said...

Wow - believe it or not, I have never been to Value Village! I think that will change now that I see what you can find there :) Awesome finds Rosanne.