Friday, October 29, 2010

Fresh Mozzarella with Tomatoes

Last weekend when I prepared my scary lasagna I also made this tomato mozzarella salad.



It is very similar to my favourite caprese type salads and I would make it again. I copied the recipe from a cookbook years ago and am not sure what book it came from now.

Here's the recipe:

3/4lb fresh mozzarella, I used one container mini bocconcini
1lb cherry tomatoes, I used 2 containers
1/4 cup thinlky sliced sun-dried tomatoes(optional and I didn't have any)
1/4 cup shredded fresh basil or chopped parsley(I used a fresh parsley and dried basil combo)
2 T toasted pine nuts or sliced almonds

Dressing:
2 T red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp pepper
1 clove garlic,minced
salt
1/2 cup olive oil

Cut cheese into 1 inch cubes. I also cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Combine cheese, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, basil and nuts. Mix together vinegar, pepper,garlic, and salt to taste, whisk in oil. Pour over salad and toss to coat well.

Enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Avril Tanner said...

This looks very Tasty!

LindaH said...

YUM! I so think I'll try this recipe! Actually, I've started a new tag in my google reader for 'recipes' and this one is going right in there! (oh ya, and YOU are the reason for this new tag!)

Joanne said...

Oh - this looks yummy!