Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Quick and Easy Baked Rice Pudding



I love rice pudding. Do you think most people like rice pudding? OK, some people don't like it with raisins but I certainly do. Recently I had some leftover rice and went searching for an easy rice pudding recipe. I found one, not sure where now, for a baked rice pudding. So I tried it and did like it. If I were to make it again(and I will), I'd stir it more frequently than it suggested, add more rice and maybe add a bit more cinnamon but other than that it was good.

Here's the recipe:

3 slightly beaten eggs
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups cooked rice (I'd up it to 2 cups, maybe even 2 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup sugar ( maybe a tad more with 2 1/2 cups rice)
1/2 cup raisins(again maybe a few more with more rice)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
ground cinnamon

Combine eggs, milk, rice, sugar, raisins, vanilla and salt. Bake in 10 by 6 by 2( I used and 8 by 8 by 2) dish at 325 for 25 minutes, stir, sprinkle with cinnamon.Continue baking till knife inserted halfway between centre and edge comes out clean.(Next time I'd stir every 15 minutes or so over the entire baking time of 45-50 minutes. Serve warm, if desired. Serves 6.

Enjoy!



PS My photo of the rice pudding was not good so I used one I found on the internet. My pudding looked very similar but did include raisins.

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Definitely trying this recipe Rosanne!

Janet said...

What a blast from my past! My mom used to make rice pudding all the time. I have never made it, and had forgotten about it. I think I am going to treat my kids this weekend to an old family favourite. Thanks Rosanne!

Rosemary said...

yummy

Anonymous said...

Oh my ... I think rice pudding is on my dinner menu for tonight - yummy! j

Regan said...

now I'm starving!!!!

I am all over this one

Kitty said...

I love rice pudding but I have never seen it baked. It looks delish!