Thursday, May 14, 2009
Pink, Black and White
Well after being in a bit of a creative slump earlier this week, I rounded up some challenges and headed to my studio to create.
First up is a combination challenge for Use It and CPS. I followed CPS card sketch 115 then tried to see what I could do with the Use It suggestions of:
1. Pink, black, white colours
2. Accents with scallops, ribbon, and bling
3. Pattern with polka dots
4. D.I.Y.: aka 'do it yourself'
Lets see how I did:
1. pink, black and white colours , check!
2. Accents of scallops, ribbon and bling, check!
3. Pattern with polka dots, used the swiss dots embossing folder, check!
4. DIY, made my own scallop border using a small oval diecut from spellbinders, check!
Then at CCC, they suggested making a 3-D project. So I decorated a composition book with inspiration from Kazan's sketch 26.
I quite like the swiss dot embossed accent trim on the book and am loving the polka letters by Thickers! I also embellished with scallops cut with Spellbinders dies. In fact, I think the composition book also fits the Use It challenge!
It feels good to create!