Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hello!

How is everyone this sunny, saturday morning?

I'm going out to prune our front shrubs and plant some annuals in a bit. But first wanted to share a few cards.



I did spend some successful time in my scrapbook studio last night and created this card for 'Use It' as well as 'DCM'.

For Use It, Patti challenged us with the following:

1) Use some old chipboard
Go ahead and feel free to mix & match manufacturers.

2) Use buttons
- one of my very favorite embellishments.

3) Tear some paper.
Patterned paper or cardstock.

4) Optional: Stitch.
Machine or hand stitch, it's up to you.

5) Have fun!!
This is essential


Then for DCM, the challenge is use 5 of one item.

So using some bright Mind's Eye papers, with a Maya Road chipboard bird, 5 buttons and my Bazzil stitch template, I created this 'hello' card.



I'm pretty happy with it! I really should handstitch more often!


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Rosanne, your card is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE your handstitching, and MME is one of my FAVES ;)
Thanks so much for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge!!
hugs & ♥~
rae

Anonymous said...

VERY pretty! j

patti west said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
patti west said...

Oh my gosh!! This card is over the top adorable! Love the embellied chip bird & your hand stitching adds so much warmth & charm. Thanks so much for playing @UseIt! ~patti

Kathy said...

This is so bright and cheery - perfect for a super sunny day (we're having a fab hot and sunny w/e here in the UK too)
Love the birdie, flowers and buttons - thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week

Carolyn Wolff said...

Love your card Rosanne. I decided to play along too. It was my first time, but I don't think it will be my last.

Joanne said...

Very sweet! I love birds, so this one really caught my eye!

Anonymous said...

real cool card, very pretty

LivArtNow said...

Such a pretty colourful card!!

Jenn C. said...

This is so pretty. I love your paper and you did a great job on the stitching.