Friday, February 11, 2011

Valentine Swap

Last night I hosted my first ever Valentine swap and it was soooo much fun.
And part of the fun was the preparation and creating the table centrepiece. Lots of valentine candy!

Wrapped water bottles, I've always wanted to do that.
And one more pic, these are just dollar store vases filled with candy and trimmed with ribbon and a tag I mentioned here.
I also served chocolate fondue with fruit and mini red velvet cupcakes for a cupcake fondue, an idea I found here. We had pink themed drinks too, white zinfandel, pink lemonade and cranberry spritzers.

Then we got into the fun of seeing what everyone created. Each item was so unique and really reflected the person who made it. Kathryn sent along her speciality, chocolate dipped licorice,so yummy!

Regan made this awesome banner. I'm hanging mine over the mirror in my front hall, its the perfect size.
Jeannie filled these tins with items from her recent trip to Hawaii.
Aren't they sweet?
Avril packaged up her item beautifully.
And inside was a cupcake pin cushion, swoon!
Regan showing off hers! And in front of her on the table you can see what Dee made us, cute personalized create signs from thread spools. See that dress form, Regan's indicates her love of sewing.

Avril's is in black and white with a banner to match her craft room.
Mine has a shabby chic feel with butterflies perched on a piece of pussywillow.

Jeannie's reflected her love of travel and Anna's her love of shopping!(pics didn't turn out...:( ). This was such a good idea Dee! Such thought you put into each!

Then Anna made us a bottle to remind us to capture and hold on to our dreams. I love it!

And she had put them in these bags trimmed with bow created from old dictionary paper. I am so lifting this idea!
I made these candy cane hearts.
Simply glued two together and voila!
And I made tussie mussies!
I've always wanted to make them, and had a great time creating and adding embellishments to them.
And see that crinkled ribbon, you can get that from my friend Dee here. I love it.

And lastly, here is a pic of all us, we took a few but we all had our eyes open in this one!

From left to right is Anna, Deanna, me, Regan, Avril and Jeannie.

Thanks for a wonderful time ladies! Anyone up for another swap?!

5 comments:

Regan said...

it was fantastic and I am still literally in awe of all my awesome goodies...


you are the hostess with the mostest!

Deanna said...

It was amazing Rosanne... the fondue ideas were awesome and of course your decor to die for!

I can't believe all the amzing projects we received!

I have pic of all the spools so I will post them!

Thanks again and I am so in for the next one!

Rosemary said...

Looks like a great time. Love all the creative ideas.. and of course all that candy... The tussie mussies are my fav tho. They are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Everything looked fabulous!! And that all had a good time.
I'm sorry I missed everyone but next time hopefully, other plans won't interfere.

Avril Tanner said...

Had an absolute blast! I am definately up for another swap! The items were all really so cool! And you are even better than Martha as a hostess!!!