Friday, May 30, 2008

A Midweek Dinner

Earlier this week, we went with our friends, Kathryn, Dave, John and Dana to see George Thorogood perform. He is an awesome entertainer and we thoroughly enjoyed it, he performed almost nonstop for 2 hours.

One of my favourites, Bad to The Bone! (Hmmmm, wonder what that says about me?)


John and Dana, I think they are laughing at Dave!


A nice pic of Kathryn and Dave both smiling very naturally.


And Steve at the head of the table!



I thought it would be nice to have dinner beforehand so planned a simple midweek dinner. I served couscous, feta salad and light chicken casserole with a berry pavlova using fat free yoghurt and cupcake bites for dessert.

The chicken casserole recipe was a new one from Cooking Light and I made the recipe simpler by using precooked and sliced chicken breast rather than cooking a whole chicken. I also substitued the stuffing mix with roesmary herbed calabrese croutons and liked the taste they gave the casserole. The feta salad is a standby recipe I've made for several years and the couscous is from Barefoot Contessa At Home that I previously featured in a January post. The cupcake bites were ones I had frozen from Brittany's brunch and were just as good as when they were first made.

For the pavlova, I used store-made meringue nests, frozen mixed berries and topped with fat free yoghurt this made a healthy dessert.

And, of course, while I kept reminding myself this was a simple midweek dinner I couldn't resist adding a little something to everyone's plate so decorated peppermint patties with a bit of cardstock, a flower, ribbon and a button. I also added a couple of inexpensive kalanchoe plants to the centre of the table.

The embellished pepperment patties:




The set table:


And since there are pictures above of everyone but me, here I am in full Diva mode! This was taken by Holly of Schnider Photography at a Go Scrapping Retreat a few weeks ago!



Have a great weekend everyone! I'm scrapbooking tonight with my daughter and tomorrow with my fun scrapbooking friends! I also hope to pop over to Bad Girls to take advantage of their Summer Workshop free classes, just love their kits! Will post some of my completed projects on Sunday.

3 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your dinner sounds wonderful! Love Bad to the Bone too :-)
Penny

Anonymous said...

I think I need to use that chicken recipe for my kids next Wednesday...looks really good!
Brenda

Ally Jay said...

The casserole sounds delicious. You look fabulous, love the pink boa. PIF should be with you any day now, but don't know wht the post is like between NZ and Canada.