Sunday, May 25, 2008

Show and Tell Sunday - China, Silver and Crystal




When I saw this week's Show and Tell theme, I just had to participate and show off some of my china as well as the teacups I've collected over the years. I think I'm hoping to use the teacups at a Bridemaid's tea when my daughter's get married, at least 10 years from now!

Here's some of my teacups pictured exactly as I keep them in a china cabinet I was given as a wedding present from my parents(it used to my Grandmother's dining suite on my Dad's side).





The two in the middle a friend gave me years ago. The one with the M commemorates the visit to Canada of Princess Margaret during the British Columbia Centenary in 1958.The other with the EP in the middle commemorates the visit to Canada by Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip for the opening of the St. Lawrence Seaway in 1959.



I think I got the next few teacups from Steve's Grandmother. The first is by Royal Albert and I love its shape and the shell pattern around the bottom of the cup and on the saucer.



I like the shape of both of these teacups, the gold/off-white is by Paragon and the other with the rose and scroll is by the Rosina China Co. Ltd.



The next is by Adderley, I think the handpainted look of the violets is really sweet.



I've had this teacup for a number of years, Lily of the Valley is one of my favourite scents.



This last teacup, by Queen Anne, is another I've had for awhile and its got to be my favourite. I just love the all the handpainted flowers on the teacup as well as the saucer.



A closer view of the saucer.



And you can't serve tea without a tea service and my Mom recently gave me this silver tea service that used to be her Grandmother's, my Great-Grandmother! Its such a privilege to have it and I love it!



A closer view of the detail on the tray.



And lastly, when each of her Grandchildren got married, my Grandmother decided to present us with our good china. I picked out this pattern, Brently by Noritake, after I saw it used on a dining table display in a house tour to sponsor Orchestra London. I loved it then and I love it now! I have to be extra careful with it as is was discontinued shortly after I was married.





The soup bowls as displayed in our china cabinet.



I've always preferred the taller coffee pots.



I hope you've enjoyed this tour of my china and teacups! Thanks for visiting.

PS: I forgot to add that today's Show and Tell is being hosted by Sugar Sugar, do check her blog out and thanks to Leesiebella for hosting.

14 comments:

Trish said...

your dinner service is lovely, I still need to complete mine xxx

Anonymous said...

OMG!! TO DIE FOR!!! WOW!!
Beautiful inspiring blog!

Mya said...

Simply beautiful. Love the canadian pieces.
-Mya

Rosemary said...

how pretty they all look

Betty said...

Wow! That is a gorgeous tea cup collection. I love your china pattern!

Margo said...

Lovely collection of teacups and the silver tea service is beautiful too. Thanks for sharing!
Margo

My Arts Desire said...

What a great post!! Your silver service and china are magnificent. This has been so much fun to see so many wonderful blogs today and all the different collections.

One of our most treasured family trips was to Ontario years ago. My husband and I have vowed to get back there one day. Of course, you won't catch me visiting in the months of October thru May! ha ha!

Thanks for sharing!
xo
Sue

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Beautiful china that you received as a wedding gift! Oh, that silver service set has me drooling ~ what a special thing to be handed down!!

Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Carla said...

I enjoyed seeing your collection. The commemorative cups are interesting and I love that last tall pot--it has such graceful curves.

Cami said...

You have some of the prettiest tea cups I've run across today!

Marja Rijnsburger said...

What a lovely collection.
I enjoy looking at all the blogs, so many Beautiful China, silver and cristal.
Marja

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

LOVE the pink Royal Albert! My wedding china is Noritake! I missed the Show and Tell Sunday, though!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed my tour very much, thank you! Love the Queen Anne and the lily of the valley teacup.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful collection - love all your teacups!