Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


I wish every Mother a very Happy Mother's Day!

I had a happy day. It started with breakfast in bed, a lovely dragonfly necklace and lily candleholder from my daughters, then Steve and I toured greenhouses to get my container plants and picked up a cast iron urn at Home Depot. Once back home I planted all the containers! I'll take pictures when they are not so drenched and bent over from all the watering. I posted some of my favourite container ideas a couple of posts ago and tomorrow I'll let you know what containers I decided on as my inspiration as well as who gets something handmade by me.

Yesterday we participated in the annual Heidelberg town wide Garage sale compliments of our friends John and Dana. It was a beautiful day to spend outdoors and Brittany sold some of her books and dolls she's outgrown.



Heidelberg is in the heart of Mennonite country and lots of Mennonites take full advantage of all the sales.



It was very funny to see one Mennonite gentleman on his cell phone!




Steve and John had some success browsing the sales too!



Oh, and I did do a bit of scrapbooking too and made these couple of cards:







5 comments:

Cali said...

What a fun post today, Rosanne. I wonder what other modern conveniences the Amish have adopted? Every Saturday, I shop the garage/yard sales for my "scraproom" and my favorite scrapbooking site for my albums.
Cali

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I am looking forward to seeing your containers all planted! I love city wide garage sales. Wish we had something like that here.
Penny

Holly said...

sounds like a wonderful mother's day weekend! :)

Cath said...

Wow! Where oh where do you find the time to fit all this wonderful stuff in your day? I wanna be you when I grow up! Thx for sharing....love the pic with the Cellphone...:-)

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a very nice Mother's Day! Well deserved!