Sunday, June 10, 2007

To Market I go

Yesterday, after I dropped Brianne off at work at 7 am, I decided to go to our local market. Surprisingly(or maybe not), I was not the only person there although it was not yet packed.

The produce all looked wonderfully fresh and colourful. I got some fresh local asparagus that we had for dinner tonight. There were Ontario strawberries that always taste much better than the imported ones. I got a great deal on raspberries, 3 of the small containers for $5(I usually pay almost that for one in the grocery store!). There were lots of beautiful flowers and plants and I couldn't resist the cut peonies. And of course, one of my favourite bakeries has our favourite apple strudel! I can't wait to go again next Saturday!

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Love the flowers
love the studel