Monday, April 02, 2007

Random Conversations with my Daughters

The other night at scrapbooking we were exchanging stories about things we've said to our children that will lead them to requiring therapy in their adult life.

You know things like:

If you don't stop that right now I'm going to beat you to a pulp......4 year old daughter's response, "but I don't want to be a pulp Mommy."

Or when your six year old daughter says to you "where are we going Mommy?" and you say "I'm going to drop you off and see if you can find your home", to which your daughter responds, in all seriousness, "I don't think I can find my way home from here Mommy."

And then there's other conversations that just kind of stop.

At scrapbooking, one of the ladies said that in their home they don't speak "Whinese". I thought that was pretty good so told my 15 year old daughter who responded with a flat "That's lame."

Then I asked my 11 year old daughter to come help fold clean underwear. She responded with "Ewwww....."
So I said "what, they're clean!"
She says, "no one folds underwear"
To which I responded, " who have you talked to about folding underwear?"
"Well no one"

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

made me LOL