Saturday, December 22, 2007

Before and After

Well, its been a busy few days around here. Getting ready for Christmas of course, wrapping gifts, madly trying to finish the albums I make my daughters every year(pics to be posted after Christmas!) and kitchen redecorating phase 2, new flooring!

Here's the before:



And here's the after:


I'm very happy with how well the wall paint colour compliments the new floor! And its in in time for Christmas! How awesome is that!

But even with this busyness, I was able to experiment with a new floral arrangement using candy canes. I saw this idea on an HGTV show and was able to recreate it. I picked up a vase at the dollar store, used an elastic to hold the candy canes in place around the vase,covered the elastic with ribbon,added the carnations and voila,a cute, affordable centrepiece!




Last night I did take time out from Christmas preparations to scrapbook with my friend Kathryn. And her husband Dave came over too. After enjoying a dinner of yummy hors d 'oeuvres, Steve and Dave watched an old Columbo set on a cruise ship from 1973, while Kathryn worked on her niece's wedding album and I made some cute ornaments using Cosmo Cricket chipboard and dies cuts.



You never know where these ornaments will turn up, perhaps on some presents!

No comments: