Sunday, January 16, 2011

Quick Tortellini Soup

Hi there!

My blog has been suffering a bit lately as I've been using my spare time organizing. My scrap room is improving and this weekend I got the cold room organized complete with labels. The labels are meant to help my daughters put stuff away so it doesn't end up a jumbled mess again. I'll let you know how that goes.

I've also been purging magazines and only keeping interesting recipes and articles. I've got one small pile left to do and they're all done! The result
of this is that I now have a bunch of new recipes to try out and then post on my blog.

This weekend I had a chance to try out a quick soup recipe from Taste of Home,Veggie Tortellini Soup.



Its very easy and makes a fairly large quantity. It has lots of veggies and at 215 calories per 1 1/2 cups I'll definitely make it again!

Here's the recipe:

5 cups chicken broth
1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
1 package (8 ounces) dried cheese tortellini
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained

In a Dutch oven, bring broth to a boil. Stir in vegetables and tortellini. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomatoes. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

This dish looks good and so easy. Will try it.

Deanna said...

Wow looks ans sounds so yummy!

Avril Tanner said...

mmm... looks tasty!!!

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

So simple and looks good to boot. I love finding great recipes amongst old magazines. I've a slew I really need to declutter and I suppose I should get a hop on it.

I've challenged myself to cook 111 new recipes in 2011 and you can follow my progress at my blog.

Do pop by and say hello.