Saturday, January 01, 2011

Its 2011!

Can I still make resolutions on the second day of the new year?

I looked back at my 2010 New Year's post and noticed that I didn't really make any for 2010.



But I did find some for 2009 and interestingly they look very similar to what I've been thinking about for the past couple of days.



Up first is organization. I'll organize my scrapbook room, file my completed pages, sort my papers/magazine clippings, organize my online photo files, the girls keepsakes, organize the storage/furnace room, closets and my clothing. Today I'm tackling the storage room! Unused items will be donated or sold on Kijiji.

Second is to recommit to healthful eating and exercising. Currently, on average I get to Curves twice a week. I'd really like to get there 3 times a week and throw in a couple of times per week on our treadmill too.

Third, I have a terrific sewing machine that hasn't seen a lot of use and late last year I bought a Cricut that I need to get using too! So I think I'll set myself a goal of completing 6 sewing projects as well as 24 items that use the cricut in 2011. That should be reasonable I think. (And I have a few unfinished projects that I need to complete as well.Photobucket)!

I think those are all ambitious goals and although I'm considering some other projects I think I'll stop here. Oh, except for one last thing, probably the most important one, once a month I'll revisit and post my progress on these resolutions.

Are you making any resolutions,I'd love to hear about them!




In case you were wondering, I created the 2011 banner above from a new blog I just found called Love The Day.

3 comments:

Avril Tanner said...

holy cow! That is a lot of goals!!!

Deanna said...

Love the banner and I can't wait to see these sewing and cricut projects! YAY!

Inkyfingers said...

Good luck with your resolutions which are very similar to mine. I also want to use more of my stash to create some space. I love your revamped kitchen by the wayy.
Hugs
Carol x