Sunday, December 20, 2009

Grannie's Maid of Honour Tarts

Today I thought I'd share an old family recipe that I absolutely love!

Although these would be good at anytime of year, we usually only make them at Christmas.

It is a tart recipe handed down from my great-grandmother that combines raspberry jam with an almond flavoured topping, so so good! My girls love them too!



The instructions I worked from aren't as detailed since Grannie remembered recipes and didn't need to write them down! I've added my measurements in brackets.

Line small(mini)tart tins with pie pastery of your choice.

Add a small dollop of raspberry jam to each(about 1/2 tsp.)

Then top with the following mixture:
3 oz. fruit sugar( I used about 1/2 cup icing sugar)
3oz butter,softened ( I used about 1/3 to 1/2 cup butter)
3 oz ground rice flour ( I used about 1/2 cup rice flour)
1 egg
1/2 tsp. almond extract( I like a stronger almond flavour so would add a bit more next time)
Mix these ingredients together well. Put about 1 tablespoon of this mixture on top of jam. Bake at 425 for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.

Enjoy!


6 comments:

Deanna said...

These sound amazing Rosanne!

Rosemary said...

Your tarts look yummy.

Courtney Baker said...

Yum those look amazing! I could use one right now! :)

Anonymous said...

I have decided to begin a new file named after you!!
"Rosanne's Recipes"
has now been launched.
This latest will be added today following the feta pinwheels.
Brenda in Kit

Anonymous said...

Can you possibly tell me how many tarts this recipe will make? I have to make 120 of these and would like to know if I need to double or triple the recipe

Rosanne said...

To make 120 you like should at least triple the recipe.